Friday, February 18, 2005

Tonight I am glad that I am a music major

Tonight I am glad that I am a music major. There are many times during my life in which I sit back and wonder why I do what I do. It almost never comes back to me in a logical form. In fact I wind up answering myself with a “duh, because before college you thought you could sing.” Now I know that I can’t sing, but at least I am learning.
Tonight however I am renewed, refined, inspired, and a little hot and bothered. I know that a King’s Singers concert is not supposed to have that kind of effect on me, but to tell you the truth it was one of the most amazing displays of talent that I have ever seen. Imagine six men of all shapes and sizes standing together as one on stage thinking together, breathing together, hearts beating together, and listening, tuning to each other in perfect harmony. (wow, just thinking about it gets me going) It was amazing. The first half of the program was more serious literature with language, but the second half was more popular. My favorites were, well I can’t choose. They did wonderful arrangements of black bird by the beetles, and good night sweet angel by I can’t remember who. They also did a song about the creation and the fall of paradise called timepiece about how the world was perfect until Eve noticed that Adam had a wrist watch on. It was amazing how they tuned their voices and brought them in and out. Wow!
Well, enough of my swooning over voices. (and the berry nice looking bass, I am all about the blond curls.)
I hope that you someday have the opportunity to be moved by music as I have this evening.

Song: I am currently resting in the bliss of remembrance of this musical evening.

No comments: