Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Memories of Big River

There is no way that I can coherently write about all the fun that I had, and all that I learned through Big River. It was an experience that changed me. I think that all shows change actors, it just depends on the show and the situations surrounding it that determine how much it changes you. So I have decided to list some of the wonderful things that I will remember about this particular show and the awesome people I got to work with.

So here are my memories
1. The first rehearsal having to say if I prefer spaghetti with or without meat sauce. Within this, learning about the new people in the cast
2. Learning the music knowing full well that these songs would be stuck in my head for the next month or more.
3. Finding out that I, yet again, got the “mom” role in the show and that I, yet again, (for the second tabor play in a row) would make my first entrance yelling the name of a mischievous youth
4. Having Becky frequently ask me “when is practice?” and walking together like old times.
5. Getting to know my soul sisters Elise and Bri
6. Absolutely wanting to disappear during multiple moments of embarrassment in rehearsal
7. The terrible night of the lip licking mix up
8. Watching James eat grapes and mouth the lines off stage, and listening to him every time he said, “you ruined the show”
9. Talking with Elise, Bri, and Aaron back stage about everything. Seriously, I mean everything.
10. The first time I heard Jarrod sing the government song
11. Praying with many different people during hard times in their lives
12. Getting to be joyful with John and Elise when their families got to come from so far away
13. Doing Man makeup
14. Wearing and tripping over 20 yards of fabric each night
15. Cast bonding on our first Friday night performance.
16. Listening to Daniel progress as the Young Fool
17. Dancing back stage before Free at Last
18. When Aaron modeled for us right before intermission
19. Singing in chipmunk voices with Ashley
20. Working with the brilliant but unpredictable Alberto (the set guy)
21. Getting a rose from Chris and finding out that I am now the proud owner of a nasty cupcake in a baggie…until I find it Moooowwwahahahahaha
22. Having my sister come to my show!
23. Singing the Crossing on Saturday night when it was perfect and getting huge goose bumps
24. Singing Stand by Me with Landon, John, Jarrod, Rachel, Elise, and others after practice.
25. Going to Luke’s room after practice and singing with Rachel and Elise
26. Walking out on stage on Thursday night and realizing that this was it. It was time to go.
27. Walking out on stage on Sunday afternoon and knowing that it was time to bring us home.
28. Loving all of my friends in the cast, and recognizing all that John, Landon, Rachel, Becky, Roman, Brett, Jarrod, James, and I have gotten to do together over our past 3 years and how much of a great opportunity this show was.
29. Knowing that I would never get to do this show again and being satisfied that we had fought hard and that it was good.
30. Talking with Angie on Sunday night, processing all that we had learned and the fun that we had, and thanking God for the blessing that Big River gave us.

There are so many memories and wonderful things that I will never forget. (like Landon, Shane, and the Toe Fish) I was lucky to get to know new people and to also get to know people better. If you have a memory of your own, feel free to share.

1 comment:

Mrs. Buller said...

Seriously, its been an amazing last two weeks.

and you really need to do something about that spam.

i love you friend.