Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Banquet


Over my years at Tabor College I have attended four Christmas Banquets. There is a special memory that I have attached to each of them.
My freshman year:
1 I went with a group of girls.
2. Hollie wrote Travis (now married to Hollie’s best friend) a song to say yes to his unique proposal to go to the Christmas banquet.
3. The dance was in the scout house in the park and it was so crowded that everyone danced because there was no room to stand around and watch.
Sophomore year:
1. I went with a group of girls that I didn’t know very well, and we had an awesome time.
2. The dance was somewhat ok, but they played a large amount of slow songs and I was a wall flower. (p.s. being a wall flower STINKS)
Junior year:
1. I went with a group of girls and Curra and Big Guns McDaniel were my dates. (Hot dates, let me tell you!)
2. We didn’t go to the dance. Instead we went to the movies, and I got pulled over for the first time. (65 in a 45 and I didn’t get a ticket) Moral of the story, wear flowers in your elegantly upswept hair in order to avoid legal repercussions.
Senior year: Hurray for going with a wonderful guy! I went with Chris, Justin and Elise, and Rachel and Lucas.
1. I had a great time at dinner. The food was impressive, and the cheese cake was good as well.
2. The dance was priceless. When Matt climbed up on the wall and started dancing, I knew I would remember the night forever. I also learned that there are some Mennonite Guys that can dance. (Although none of them admit to it)
All in all it was a wonderful night. (I even made it to Newton without getting pulled over!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which Mennonite guys can dance?!?!