Thursday, May 17, 2007

yesterday ended with a purple coffee cup

Yesterday was Chris' first day of no college. We had an awesome day!

First we drove to Marion to get my TB test. (Which is red this morning, and I am afraid that they will tell me that I have to get a chest x-ray.)

Then we ran errands and got coffee at Little Pleasures.

After that, we cleaned out my music lockers. (all five years of music and books) The tub that we carried out of there was so heavy we had to drag it down the wolgi hallway.

Then we ran more errands which included going to Dale's and seeing Dawn (Chris' cousin's wife who we always see in the grocery store).

After that I collapsed on the couch and fell asleep while Chris went to church for a while.

For dinner we went to the lake and had a picnic with a group of friends and after we finished eating we skipped rocks.

Finally after all of this we went to Justin and Elise's to celebrate her finishing Music History. We watched American Idol and ate Smores.

The one downer of the evening. Malinda Doolittle got kicked off of American Idol. America let me down with that decision. The fact that people freaked out that she was so good that they voted for their other favorite and completely shut her out was extremely frustrating to her four loyal fans sitting that little living room. Simon was obviously also disappointed.

After we had gotten over our bummed state, we cooked our smores and then sat around and laughed at each other. The evening ended with us tattooing each other's feet.

A normal day, a fun evening, made a great day.

Random Fact: I have a purple coffee cup on my left ankle that says "Black and Strong and A Bit A Suga"

1 comment:

none said...

picnics are great. next time you have a picnic, you should call me up. i'll bring baked beans.