Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Man on the Other End of the Line

Today I talked with a man on the other side of the USA. It was a simple conversation about the whats and what nots of reserving a short term apartment in Boston for this summer. His web page was down, and I needed to get the reserving done, so we resorted to the good old telephone.

We were both on cell phones, but he hung up and called back on a land line... I don't know why. He told me, but I couldn't hear through the thick accent.

He seemed like a nice guy. He was genuinely interested in the fact that his web page was down, and he kindly took care of my need to plan things MONTHS in advance.

Speaking of planning things months in advance... I am convinced that I could plan a wedding in 1 month. Yes mam/sir I could do it, and probably even work a full time job while doing so. The hardest part of it would be the invitations, because it takes some effort to gather the address of EVERYONE significant from your ENTIRE life. But other than that, it can be done.

The problem is the rest of the world. Can you believe these people who think that one must plan their wedding a year to two years in advance? I have 6 months, and people make comments to me about having a "short" engagement. Who do they think I am Droopy the slow moving detective cartoon who chugs out 5 words a minute? No, I am an efficient, determined, task oriented, exhausted woman of 24 who is out to make some progress. That is why I glued ribbon to paper for 2 HOURS last night. It is the fault of those people who book their whoever (cake, photo, church, pastor, dress, meal) 16 months in advance that those of us are FORCED to be engaged for 6 months when we just want to get married YESTERDAY.

This post went in a totally different direction than I was planning. Heh, kind of like life sometimes right?

I am out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing in Boston for the summer?
-lisa

none said...

try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAN6wi0RmOM

i've never messed much with God Tube. it sounds dumb, but it might not be. maybe.