Friday, March 07, 2008

Jesus Works Music Miracles

Even in the music classroom, miracles can happen. I just got an e-mail about a grant I wrote earlier in the year for $2,715.00. I didn't expect to even get half, because well, that is a lot of money in the world of education. The e-mail is as follows:

The Allocations Committee has met and will fund your grant request. Yes, complete funding! We would like for you to put Tuesday, March 25 on your calendar for a reception honoring our new grant recipients and the new LIFT recipients. The reception is from 4-5:00 and the presentation of the grant and LIFT recipients will be made first thing on the BOE’s agenda.

Letters are going in the pony today—but wanted to share the good news with you now. We are excited to sponsor your great project.


HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!?!

That money is going to make it possible to use Orff instruments in my classroom! I no longer have to have five students per instrument!!! I have enough instruments for a full score orchestration!!! WOW~!

SWEET MUSIC IN THE WORLD OF MISS MUSIC!

No comments: