Monday, August 25, 2008

No words

Ok,
You know when you meet a kid and at first you think, Hm... cute kid but a little dense. Then after a while you think, Hm.... this kid is still cute but a few fries short of a happy meal. Then after an entire year of interaction something happens that seals the deal. This kid is cute... but seriously... Nothing capital N is happening upstairs. Nada.

Zip.

Ok, Mrs. Music is teaching first grade. We are watching a clip of Louis Armstrong because he is our composer of August. Anyway this little guy leans over and whispers,

"Teacher, (because he can't remember my name, not even my unmarried name)Why do you like music?"

"I Don't know, (I reply) But I love it. I really do love music."

"Oh," (he says his eyes lighting as if he has grasped a new level of knowledge)
"That is why they call you the music teacher~!"

Wow.

After a year and a month of me teaching him music he figures out that they call me the music teacher because I like music.

Wow.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love reading your stories! They make me laugh. :)