Monday, November 17, 2008

Good weekend

This weekend was wonderful... Probably because last week was so hard. I was so tired that by the time I got to the weekend, I didn't have much to say or much energy to do anything. Husband and I went to W. to hang out with friends. We ate out with friends from College on Friday night. The highlight of the conversation was probably when one friend from college offered to shellac my pants to my legs.

Yah...

The next day we slept in and then took the parents to Sam's club. Has anyone noticed how Sam's pulls out all of the bells and whistles around Christmas. There are always so many new appliances and gadgets available. There are also Christmas ornaments sold in bulk... BULK... So much bulk that you would need 30 Gallon bucket to hold the bulk of Christmas balls that Sam's has to offer.

It is a Sam's load.

In the evening we went to Brother's church fund raiser. We heard a family sing as our entertainment. They sang a song called "One Voice" that made me ball my eyes out because I miss my singing friend who is thousands of miles away from me right now. It was a tender moment... It was a difficult moment.

You can hear it here. It is Beautiful...
http://www.thewailinjennys.com/merchandise.aspx

Then we drove home... all the way home... we still can't find the warp button in our car. It really needs one.

Sunday went like Sundays do. My mom came up in the evening and we went shopping. we each got a turtle neck and a sweater. It was a good time.

It was a wonderful weekend to just relax and rest.

This is the sound of one voice
One spirit, one voice
The sound of one who makes a choice
This is the sound of one voice
This is the sound of one voice

This is the sound of voices two
The sound of me singin' with you
Helpin' each other to make it through
This is the sound of voices two
This is the sound of voices two

This is the sound of voices three
Singin' together in harmony
Surrendering to the mystery
This is the sound of voices three
This is the sound of voices three

This is the sound of all of us
Singin' with love and the will to trust
Leave the rest behind, it will turn to dust
This is the sound of all of us
This is the sound of all of us

This is the sound of one voice
One people, one voice
A song for every one of us
This is the sound of one voice
This is the sound of one voice

No comments: