Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let up

I haven't posted in FOREVER sorry about that. The final countdown ended with an amazing trip to CA to visit friends. I got to spend lots of time with J and E and lots of time with the belly that is little baby H to come.

If I could sum up the trip in two words they would be Comfort and Yum. We had lots of comfortable fun just hanging out, walking, playing games, and watching movies with comfortable friends. We also ate A LOT of good food. I think I consumed my entire food ration for March in that one week. We ate everything from Japanese stake house, to the best sushi that I have ever had, to brazillian bar-b-cue, to Mexican market food. WOW... and we topped it off with a seven pound chocolate cake. Yah... the cake actually weighed seven pounds.

Then spring break was over and last week came and went with a whoosh. No kidding it was a wierd week both with the weather and with life. We started the week on Monday with a disasterous wind storm resulting in the loss of power for two and a half hours. Had a couple nice days and then ended the week with a 10 inch snow storm with 3-4 foot drifts. Two days after the snow storm it was 60 degrees and the snow has all melted.

The children responded to mother natures tricks with all of the following:
Dispondancy
Gregariousness
Disrespect
Slugishness
Hyper social tendencies

Some of those traits all happened at the same time in the same classes. It was not a bad week, it was a wierd week with lots of energy spent.

So I am hoping that this week will go a little steadier. Although Mother Nature is already sending us spinning on a hot/cold dance in which I would rather not partake.

No comments: