Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Happy Birthday to my lovely sister

Today is my sister’s birthday and I would like to pay tribute to her on her special day.
I first met my sister in the Kansas City airport. I was young and hyper jumping up and down like electricity with no grounding wire, and she was a wide eyed infant 14 weeks of age and chubby as can be. I am pretty sure that I liked her, it is hard to remember emotion at that age, I do remember that my favorite jelly bracelet broke that day and I carried it around hanging out of my mouth. My mom didn’t like it she said that it was gross and that it looked like a worm. I remember the plane landing, and my first glimpse of Kati and the man carrying her. The last thing that I remember about that day was the toll booth on the way home. (strange yes, but what else do you expect from me)
Another favorite childhood memory of my sister was when I was in elementary school. I am not sure of the specific age, but we still were into dress up. We played the imaginary game Princess Lilly Feather Flower with my best friend Jana. Kati was always Princess Lilly Feather Flower and we addressed her as such while blinking on every syllable. (sounding like, Prin cess lil ly fea ther flow er. Yah, I know, it was awesome) Another awesome game that we played was nuns. We ran around with arm chair covers on our heads as our nun caps.
Sad to say, Kati and I did not get along so well through junior high. We finally started to see eye to eye around my senior year, and today I am happy to say that she is one of my greatest friends.
The next picture is one that I love. It is from last year, and now a year older she is 18 years old. Crazy as ever, and full of spirit.
Happy birthday young’en

No comments: