Saturday, February 26, 2005

My KMEA day (TGIF)

Well, to day I had a surprise. I went to KMEA (Kansas Music Educators Association) and pretended to be a Kansas music educator. It was kind of fun. I talked to the Emporia state people about their masters program, and I also talked to the Kansas City school district people about working for them someday. I have often thought in that direction, but I would want more schooling or more experience one or the other. I also ate some amazing free chocolate, pizza, and a tiny cup of pie. It was super good. My friend Lee was there also and it was so good to see her. I miss her bunches.
So here is the other deal in my life. It is 1 am and I have no clue what I am going to do tomorrow. I could go back to the conference, or I could drive home and see my sister, parents, and do laundry because I am running out of clothing. I am also trying to save my money and going to kmea tomorrow would be detrimental to my savings.
I watched the movie French Kiss tonight with some girls. It was a good film, but completely unrealistic. (isn’t that the definition of a chick flick? Honestly, whose life turns out that way? Her fiancĂ© leaves her and she is magically able to get over him within the blink of an eye because handsome European thief sweeps her off of her feet by accident. HA! I am normally not a party pooper about these kinds of films, and even though it blows my mind, I liked it. Why did I like it? Is it because I am a hopeless romantic? Is it because it took place in Parris and I got to see places that I have been? Or was it sheer entertainment? Shoot. I will never understand.
That is about all folks. I am running out of nothingness in my head to write about. (and I still don’t know what I am going to do tomorrow.

No comments: