Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Mmmm Pop Tarts

I am getting excited because one of McPherson’s finest holidays is coming right around the bend. Yep, it is All Schools Day / May Day! The day of the year when every school in the good old city of McPherson lets out of school so that everyone can gather on Main Street and watch all the little kindergarteners wave at their parents. It is great! My first memory of May Day was riding the Kansans for Life float with my neighbor. I remember it so well because my dad was on crutches and when the jets flew over he dropped his crutches to cover my ears (because I didn’t like the loudness of the jets) May Day is a time of fun, friends, freaky clowns, and funnel cake. (Mmmm) Where else in Kansas do you get to hear the same song on the bag pipes 10 times in one day. (It is great, really it is.)

no song, but I am eating pop tarts

No comments: