Monday, July 25, 2005

Good times with my cell group

This summer I have had the awesome opportunity to get involved in my church’s college and career singles group. Last Sunday I spent all day with them. We began the day with a fish fry with fish caught by Darren and James. The fish was wonderfully cooked by Todd and Eric, and the lazy company in the living room was great too. Let me tell you, I ate lunch with 6 men and myself. It was a bit intimidating, but I rose to the challenge and had a good time. Another interesting fact about the meal…I didn’t cook anything, I didn’t set the table, and I didn’t do any dishes. The Men took care of all of it. It was an awesome thing, not just because they were all so cute fussing in the kitchen, but because it takes real men to do all that and that was awesome.
So after the fish fry we all went over to a friend’s house to swim, and I was joined by another girl in the group. (Thank God, I was ready for a testosterone break by then.) The guys had a football tipping competition. They all lined up on the diving board. Jacie threw them the football and they jumped off ant tipped the ball backwards to the next in line all in one swift movement. It took them probably 50 attempts, and after they made it through with all seven of them they swiftly changed activities.
At our Bible study we had more wonderful food, then studied then James found some little girls shorts and decided to sport them over his clothes for the rest of the evening. They were hot let me tell you. (in a disgusting sort of way)
Our group has been studying Song of Solomon. It has been enlightening studying that particular book of the Bible among mixed gender company when most to all of us are single as the day is long. The night that we talked about chapter 4 was particularly uncomfortable, but not so much that I was embarrassed.
All in all it was a wonderful day. Someday I will have to enlighten all of you of the many sub personalities that we have in our group. Perhaps after Jim Bo has had a second visit.

No comments: