Monday, October 02, 2006

This town is too small for all of us

Well, I have my first cold of the season. What a kick. It isn’t even cold outside yet. The fall is only one week gone, and here I am snuffling up a storm. Perhaps the pressure in my head will go away so that the kid’s voices will stop sounding like they are coming from beyond the grave.
Today a fifth grader asked me, “I saw you walking with someone the other day. Who was he?” to which I responded, “He is my friend.” To which he responded, “I’ll bet he is your close friend.” To which I wanted to respond, “Kid, Hush your mouth yuh kid yuh.” Instead I said: “where were we…” and went back to my lesson.
Dumb kids. (they are cute though, and I love um)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen,

Thanks for the messenger note. It brightened my day. I'm sorry you're feeling sick - I know how that goes! I wish I could come over and make you a nice hot cup of honey lemon tea. Well, wash those hands and stay away from those germ-y kids as much as possible!

Hope you feel better,

your faithful friend,

Becus