Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dang it, I am smart!

In class on Monday night we talked about how as teachers we want to give kids the tools to be all that they have the potential to be. Well what do you do when you ask a junior in high school what he wants to be when he grows up and he responds with “a fire truck.” Then what do you do with the elementary school who actually thinks that he is a fire truck. (true story there is a kid that thinks he is a fire truck, but only on the days that he does not think that he is a dentist, or a cat.)
Then I think about myself. What do I want to be when I grow up? Is it wrong that I still don’t know. I mean, I think that I want to be a teacher, but sitting here in this teacher’s office with a world of music students coming to me for help with EVERYTHING musical and most things not musical, I think, is it for me?
I have the potential to be anything. Seriously…. I feel that I could even make it in Law school or Med school. Dang it, I am SMART.
Teaching????????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang beauty and intelligence. what a lethal combination. - me