Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Christmas is here.

Yes, I know that it is truly Christmas Eve, but in my house, it may as well be Christmas. I just came back from Church. Pastor Tim talked about the wise men and how they came to find Jesus. He asked the question, “Who found Jesus, and who didn’t find Him?” It was posed to remind people what qualities it takes to find Jesus and realize him for all that he is.

And now for something completely different…

This holiday, as well as other holidays… I am surrounded with trays. I don’t have anything against trays, but where did the “holiday tray” idea come from. Who had the first holiday tray? Did it begin with an entire meal on a tray and then evolve to the traditional snack tray?

And now for something completely different…

This is the first Christmas with Eight people at my house. We often stay here in Kansas for Christmas and the rest of my extended family, except for my Grand Parents, stay in Indiana. This year is the first peak of what Christmas may become with my parents being the patriarchs of the family. Lee is coming with Kati, and Christopher is spending his first Christmas Eve with me. Tomorrow I will go to be with his family. Not many people get to be the inventors of holiday traditions. Many people just inherit their traditions, but in the case that we are 800 miles from other family we get to come up with our own. Although I miss all of my extended family, it will be good to find new ways to celebrate the wonderful gift of Jesus.

No comments: