Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sad Strange Little Car

I took my car (affectionately known as Little Timmy) to Irv Schroeder's for maintenance on Tuesday night. I needed to get it checked out before Amy and I went to Saint Louis. I was thinking yah, probably about a hundred bucks for belt/hose type stuff. Little did I know that the Boots had come off of my power steering column and had caused foreign debris to get lodged in my column gears. (Who the hay knows that a steering column has boots. THESE ARE NOT MY BOOTS!!! WHOSE BOOTS ARE THESE???? I HAVE NO MORE BOOTS!!!) So, the grand total to fix my little purple friend was rocking somewhere around the "I don't have that kind of money" dollar value. This put a kibosh on the Saint Louis trip, and now I have to stop singing the "Meet me in Saint Louis Louis" song.

I am trying to find the good in this fiasco. Perhaps I am supposed to be stuck destitute in Kansas for the rest of the school year. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to stick around and rest and do maintenance on my life. In the end the answer is, "Who Knows?"

Well, Back to work. Off I go to save the world of Alumni Records and Spring Gold Outings.

No comments: