Wednesday, April 04, 2007

If I were an olympian...

Last night, after teaching voice lessons, I went to Rachel, Amy, and Laura's. We talked and watched Dancing with the Stars. After that was over we watched Cool Runnings. This morning I got to thinking about what kind of Olympian I would be if I had the chance to be an Olympian.

(In this wondering I did not take into account my almost 6 foot frame since that dictates some of the events in which a person can participate.)

I found that I am most drawn to sports in both the winter and summer Olympics.
  • I would honestly like to bobsled a lot. I know that it may seem cliche to say after I have just watched Cool Runnings, but I like to think that the film has no influence over my desire.
  • I think that I would also enjoy slalom skiing. Something about the motion and the control of the skier is thrillingly precise.
  • The Luge scares me beyond all shadow of a doubt, but if I prove to be good at it, I think it would be a blast. (I have similar thoughts about sky diving.)
As Far as the Summer Olympics go...
  • Put me in a pool, and as long as I don't have to do the Butterfly I will be happy!!!
  • Being on the diving team also would be AMAZING!
  • Although I would detest playing sand volleyball in the little things that they wear, I would love having that kind of athleticism and endurance.
  • I want to be a high jumper! Their event is the most awesome field event, right behind...
  • THE HAMMER THROW. ('nouf said)
  • If I could Compete, Really Compete in a Triathlon, it would be great. (I wish that I could only do the Swimming, and Cycling part. I hate running.)
So there are plenty of things that I would Love to do, but there are also things that I have no desire to even come near.
  • I would NOT jump anywhere on skis, not for any amount of money, even if I was good at it.
  • Boxing is completely out of the question. (can women even box in the Olympics?)
  • Rhythmic Gymnastics, although similar to dance and as physically straining, has too much of a wuss reputation.
  • Clean lifting 673,384,687,000 lb and putting the entire sum over my head does not have any appeal to me.
  • No desire to run for more than to soar over a high jump bar. (I could run to train though, It is ok unless I have to compete at it.)
So there are my Olympian thoughts.

1 comment:

none said...

i'd go with cross country skiing and ice hockey in the winter and basketball in the summer. (basketball is a summer event, right?)

but only if i could trade bodies with dominique wilkins at the peak of his abilities.

after the games were over, i'd spend three hours doing nothing but trying out ways to dunk a basketball.

plus, if i could borrow 'nique's zenith skillz and athleticism to do anything for a year, i'd try to win a fifa world cup as a goalie. not olympic, but still freaking awesome.