Friday, April 13, 2007

Wedding Buzz

Well, Tizz the season to get married. The summer months are approaching...

How many weekends are you traveling to weddings?
How many weddings are you missing to go to other weddings?
How much gas will be spent on the average trip to weddings this summer?
Is that why gas is so high? (curse fossil fuels!)
Do you have your wedding gifts lined up?
How are you helping your soon to be wedded friends?
What kind of bridal shower are you throwing?
How many bridal showers are you attending this spring?
How many Bridal showers did you miss because the Postal system did not work and you got the invitation two days after the actual wedding shower? (I missed One. Sorry Jill, the postal system failed me!)
Do you say yes to do the brides hair? Do you say no to the bride EVER?!?!?
Do you serve the punch or the cake?
How do you decorate the getaway car? Are you nice or mischievous?
Do you cut the circular cake in wedges or in long thin slices? (Try to cut the rectangular cake in circles!)
Are the groom's men banned from the vicinity of the punch bowl before the reception?
Are the groom's men banned from the entire reception? (Does that remind anyone else of King's Men?)
Do you take the "And Guest" or do you leave the "And Guest" at home?
What if YOU are the "And Guest," Do you go or do you stay at home?
Should I make friends with a pilot who can take me to Texas in May?
What do you say to His or Her side of the family in the somewhat awkward reception line? Does "Congratulations" really cut it?
Are you going to see these beloved friends who are getting married ever again?
Does this mean that your turn is coming? Will it ever come? (Probably round the mountain when it comes...)
What do you wear? Will it rain? Do you still wear the hot little dress to the wedding if it is cold? (YES!)
What would happen if you stood up and cried I OBJECT at the end of the wedding?
What if the "And Guest" stands up at the end of the wedding and cries I OBJECT!
What if the "And Guest" was your crazy uncle Bob?
Do I really go to Oklahoma 4 weekends in a row this June?
Should I rent an apartment in Oklahoma this June? (Probably)

Now I don't want people to get the wrong Idea. I actually love going to weddings. I am not a huge fan of receptions, but they have potential to be fun. I like the excuse to get out of town on the weekends to travel to weddings. I like staying in Cabanas in Oklahoma. I love my friends. I wish them well. I wish their husbands well. I pray for them in their first year of marriage.

So for all of you staring weddings in the face this summer, Shout Huzzah! And Don't Forget to weld the vents shut on your Get away car, or that thing is going to smell like Blue Cheese for months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ARE coming to mine, right?!