Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cary Grant


Last night Amy, Rachel, and I watched Operation Petticoat and then we watched To Catch a Thief with Mike, Roman, and Chris. Both were excellent examples of later years of Cary Grant. I would have to say that Grant is one of my favorite actors of all time. Although there is serious rumor of him having a non traditional lifestyle, He is one of my favorite people to watch on the old silver screen. I would encourage anyone who enjoys old films to check out these two movies as well as, Arsenic and Old Lace, His Girl Friday, Father Goose, Charade, and Dream Wife. Each for its own Grant qualities. Our only beef with Grant? Why did you insist on wearing your pants so enormously high. I know that the era called for a tall trouser, but did you have to exceed height of any of the other people with whom you were on screen? Oh well... At least you made up for it in physical comedy, facial expression, good looks, and charm.

Cheers to you Cary! What a guy.

No comments: