Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 9th included Murder, Mystery, and Fireball

I am beginning my day in 4th grade. I am expecting it to be an eventful one. This afternoon is a play day for the 4th and 5th grades. I should have worn something different. I will have to go shoe-less because I am not getting these soaking wet.

Yesterday was Christopher's and Justin's birthdays. Last year we kidnapped them and took them out for Pizza in the middle of the night, so we knew we had to top that. Elise and I worked out butts off organizing a mystery dinner based on the game clue. We had it in the little theatre on the stage with stage lights and drippy candles. Everything looked amazing. I was afraid that people wouldn't get into it, but I think that everyone had a good time. After the dinner we unloaded everything at my apartment and did an enormous amount of dishes.

Later we drove over to Hillapalousa to see if anything was going on. It was over already, so we went to Justin and Elise's to play Fireball. I probably shouldn't be telling you this, so Mom, Grandma, and Grandpa, don't worry about my safety. Fireball is a game that Chris learned from the people who he went to church with in Indiana this summer. In the Game Fireball, You take a tennis ball and soak it in gasoline. Then you throw it above a candle so that it ignites. After the ball is on fire you let it bounce a few times without touching it because it is too hot right after ignited. Before the ball goes out somebody goes and catches it, and then you play a game akin to hot potato, only you are playing with a flaming tennis ball. The grass was so wet from the rain, it didn't light at all. The first few bounces leave little flaming patches on the ground, but they go out as soon as the gas burns up. I was surprised at how cool the ball was for being on fire. I have been told that the flames usually singe the hairs on your hands, but from today's inspection, all of my hand and harm hair is in tact. Elise was the only person who was less than thrilled about the activity. We got to play three times, and then decided that the neighbors wouldn't like the activity, so we went to the lake to continue. We only forgot one thing, the matches. So after driving to the lake to play fireball, and trying to light a candle with a car lighter (which doesn't work) we returned home.

Chris came over and opened the gifts from my parents and from me. All in all it was a good birthday. He also did his senior presentation yesterday and I think that he is glad to have it done. He did an excellent job.

Well that was my May 9th. I will tell you about today some other time.

No comments: