Saturday, May 05, 2007

garage sales

This morning I woke up at 6:40. Why? you may ask, well because it is the season of garage sales! Chris, Em, Justin, Elise, and I got up at the butt crack of dawn to drive all over Hillsboro and seek out plunder from other people's discards. I am now the proud owner of a new jacket (from Old Navy with tags still on, never been worn) and the VHS Newsies. I also got an old antique door from a farmstead. With Christopher and hopefully his grandfather's help, I will be making this door into a fabulous coffee table. (It may be the longest coffee table on record) Chris got a chair straight out of the 70's. It is in Great shape and it has great aesthetic lines. I am proud to say that I spotted it first.

Now all that I need to do is figure out when My garage sale will be. My sister and I are working on getting it all together, but we hit a couple of snags. It may be farther into may than we originally planned. I have heard some people say that this means that I won't have it at all, but I intend to have one, I just don't know when.

All this to sum up the fact that I really want to know where I will be living next year so that I don't feel spread out so much. I am ready to plunge into teaching. I just wish that the rest of life would order itself.

"My shepheard will supply my need Jehova is His name."

2 comments:

Becky said...

actually, the title IS from an old waterdeep song. which reminds me, i miss having a friend to play old waterdeep songs w/on the guitar and djembe. will you PU-LEESE come and visit me some time this summer? we could have a sleepover... :)

Mrs. Buller said...

We can say "haver"!!! from 500 miles. i looked it up...
"Main Entry: ha·ver
Pronunciation: 'hA-v&r
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: origin unknown
chiefly British : to hem and haw"
from merriam-webster.com! huzzah!
we can hem and haw!

oh, and i want to see that door/table

thirdly, sixthly and lastly...yes, we must have a fine arts fest...but when?!!