Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Education Completion Dinner

Last night I attended the Education Completion dinner for graduates of Fall 2006 and Spring 2007. I must say that the dinner was great. Pioneer did an excellent job with the food. It was the best meal that I have ever eaten that was catered by the college.
The main speaker was a principal. (I know him from my student teaching experiences.) He talked about the differences in students, and how we need to acknowledge those differences in order to truly become teachers. He did an excellent job. The rest of the education department took the time to say a few words. We all took a group picture. And that is it. That is my last official act as a student at Tabor College. I thought that I was done after student teaching, but it never really ended. Soon students on campus will leave and I will be here working for alumni. Then I will leave and go out to do what I have been trained to do. I will teach elementary music kindergarten through fifth grade. I am excited; I am apprehensive; I am ready to know what this will be like.

No comments: