Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Graduation weekend

Well,
All of the students (but a few who are working in the 'burro this summer) have left campus. It is a quiet atmosphere. There is not as much urgent work to do at work either.

Graduation week and weekend was great. All of the things that I had helped plan went well. Christopher, and Justin's reception went well. I don't think that Justin's family will ever be able to eat all of the left over food that they took home. Planning on 200 people may have not been the best idea.

At Katie's (Chris' Katie) reception, we did have almost 200 people. We all worked so hard to keep it running smoothly. We ran out of punch, and Mexican layer dip. Chris' dad came up with an alternative to Mexican layer dip that has similar ingredients because we ran out of cheese and tomatoes.

I went to work on Monday and worked on a large mailing. On Tuesday, I went to the Dr.'s for a check up for my job next year, and on Tuesday evening I went to Wichita to see Chris. We went with justin, elise, and doc to shop around then to Apple Bees. Becky met us there for just a short time.

All in all, I am exhausted. I think I am going to sleep the rest of the day. I have no goals, and no aspirations for the day. I want to start packing up things here in the burro for my move soon. I will have to be inspired.

I am thinking about trying to write a short book in a month with Doc, but I am not going to try it if I don't get some good ideas.... We will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of book?