Monday, June 11, 2007

The passing of time


So,
Last time I posted, I was pretty down about my life situation. Honestly, not much has changed since then. Somehow the passing of time has allowed me to be at peace with everything. I do have a possibility on another place to live next year. I am going to look at it tomorrow. As far as my car goes, I am just about ready to fix it. I have looked at cars on line as well as dealerships around my area, and haven't found anything yet. I have a couple more places that I want to check with, and if those don't work, then I will be shelling out the bucks to get Little Timmy fixed.

Subject change:
Lately I have been fascinated with a show that was released as a series of movies on A&E entitled "Horatio Hornblower" which surrounds the stories of a promising youth in the British Navy during the wars with Napoleon. Some of it is a bit graphic for me, but I close my eyes or use the restroom at these times. The show is not flashy or filled with high-tech frenzy as some movies are; Instead they used real ships and real ocean shots.

When I first started watching, I decided to affect a TV crush on our hero Horatio Hornblower. I didn't feel quite alright about this crush because when the film series begins, Horatio is a stunning 17 years old. Yet, to my surprise and (feigned) delight, the films proceed the and years pass. In the episode that I watched last night, he was the full age of 25. This completely justifies my affected TV crush. (I haven't had a TV crush since I was in love with JTT in the early 90's.)

My favorite character in the series is Matthews. He is a middle aged sailor who understands more about ships than most of his senior officers. He has a great sense of humor, and also seems to always be in the right place at the right time. I have also affected a TV Crush on him.

Who knew that this summer would bring me the delights of A&E Historical Fiction?

No comments: