Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tie up loose ends

A couple of weeks ago a lot of things in my life went nuts. Well, some of them are righting themselves.

First of all: We found an apartment! It is larger than the one that we had before. The entryway is kind of sketchy, but the actual apartment is really nice. We are renting from Lenky (my fond entitlement of my new land lord). He is the guy who we were going to rent from the first time. He felt bad about not renting the original apartment to us, and so he told us that he would discount the rent $50 a month plus throw in a washer and dryer for $15 a month. I am glad that we will get our own washer and dryer. I don't want my clothes to smell like someone else's clothes.

Second: I am down to the last straw with my car. My dad told me to fix it and if I find something else that I want, he will drive my old car. I only have one more possibility. I am closing the doors after that. It may not work out anyway because of the length of the time that it will take for the deal to come through. But all in all, I will have a car sooner than later.

Third: I have actually made some definite headway in my packing efforts. I have reached a level where if I pack more, I may not have the things I need to function in my house for the last couple of weeks that I am here. I want to continue in my quest, but I need to get some of these boxes out of my apartment before I can actually see to pack anything else. Why do I have so much stuff? Where did it come from? Where will I put it?

All that I know is that I am not allowed to buy lotion until I use all of the stuff that I have right now.

No comments: