Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Update

Well,
I have officially moved. I have only been there for one night though. I am currently at my parents house though. I am excited to start feeling at home in my apartment, but it is just so different from the burro. I guess that I need to get out into the community and start establishing some familiar places. I think that I have been in the same small town for too long because I kind of like knowing all of the checkers at all of the two grocery stores in town.

Last Sunday I went to a spiritual DNA class. Among other things, I found out that I am energized by people, but I am structure oriented. Basically that means that I like to be with people and they are more important than the task that we may be working on, but if we don't have some structure in our day or activity I get tired and shut down. (Honestly, I don't know how I have made it thus far considering that my group of friends and family don't do the structure thing that well.)

Tonight I am going to see Josh in By By Birdie. I am excited to hang out with the girls. It will also get me up north enough to actually stay in my apartment for the next couple of days.

On Thursday I have a new teacher's meeting. I get to have a drug test! (Just as a side bar, I hate lab testing of any kind.) I also get to turn in my employers copy of my teaching license. I have a teaching license. I have that little slip of paper for which I worked ridiculously hard. Huzzah!

I have also officially resigned myself to no trip this summer. I am probably not going to get to go anywhere out of the tri-state area. This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but you must understand my love of travel. I like it so much I even added the feature "Where I have been" on facebook. It is the one new application which I will accept. Maybe I will go to the Library and get some travel videos. I think I will photo shop my picture into some photos of Southern Europe, Northern Africa, South East Asia, India, or North East United States.

2 comments:

none said...

i quit facebook because of the 3rd party applications. i didn't like it at all when they opened it up to high schools and i liked it even less when they opened it up to anyone.

what it came down to was that facebook ceased to be the service i signed up for, and we developed irreconcilable differences. i'm sure that facebook and i would get along well enough together, but it'd be on her terms....it seems like my goals and interests were never that important to her, and i doubt they ever would be, no matter what she tells me in my email. i guess growing apart is one of the risks you take when you fall in love with an online service, but when you wake up one day and the love is gone, what do you do?

well, i went the divorce route, and i'm better off--me and facebook were unequally yoked in the first place.

none said...

also, have fun at the play.