Monday, October 22, 2007

Homecomming Part 1 (mostly for my own memory)

So,

Last weekend was homecoming weekend. I am so exhausted. I went to bed at 9:30 last night and slept hard till 6:00 this morning. The weekend was a wonderful whir of well wishes and Winnebago's. (alliteration is so in vogue)

On Friday, Chris and I wanted to get out of town as fast as we could. As soon as we were done with work, we took off into the wild blue yonder. About 10 minutes from home, I realized that I was famishingly hungry. I began to complain and moan my hunger, which turned into me yelling, "I'm Hungry!" and honking the horn about every five miles.... All the way to Walton.... For an hour.... Poor Chris....

We arrived at Gertie's house and her blessed mother fed me the nourishment that I had been longing for. My mood improved greatly! We hung out with friends and talked and laughed for a long time. It was good to hang out with her and hear all of her life's excitement and woes. She works for United Way, and when I say she works, I mean that the WORKS!

We all started yawning and yawning and falling asleep so we decided to head for the burro. I drove... I almost took three wrong turns between Gertie's house and the burro. (Not an easy thing to do, since there are only three turns on the way).

Once safely in the burro, I went to Myra house and hung out with girlie friends there and went to bed.

Stay tuned for the excitement of Saturday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Did you guys get lost in the metropolis of Walton?!!! You wouldn't be the first...on Saturday Krehbiel got massively direction turned and went on a city wide tour looking for the right street! haha! Glad you guys were able to come on friday--good times!

none said...

staying tuned for saturday....