Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Homecomming Part 2

Well,
Saturday dawned bright and early. I got up and got ready for the choir concert. Chris called me half an hour early to see if I was ready. The answer was, "Um, no. And don't come over either cause none of us are ready and half of us are still asleep." I got ready in plenty of time and was dazzled by the skills of the choir as well as the hand bell group and the brass ensemble. [ensemble is probably my favorite word because you can say it En-sem-bloo (oo- as in book)]

After choir I went to see the alumni soccer game, and not many people were there... correction, there was almost no one there, but I got to see Kylie and her new baby which made the entire journey well worth it.

We dedicated the Town houses at 11:15, and by this time I was starting to get hungry... grumpy hungry... honk the horn and yell I'm hungry hungry (See Previous Post). We went to the young alumni tale gate party, and we found out that it didn't start for another hour. So we wandered around, and I bought a large cookie from the snack bar, and then we went back to tale gate. Our food blew away in the gusty winds that whipped through the tent. We had chip races down the table. (Much to the dismay of the people sitting down wind from us)

The Ball game was fun. The weather was wonderful even though we lost. It was good to see people and hang out with parents on both sides of the datehood. I got asked/told about Eldon,

Guy - "I didn't know that this is your father in law."
Me - "He's not."
Guy - "He's not yet at least."
Me - "You never know."

My last statement may have concerned my supposed future father-in-law. Besides, people shouldn't assume things. Do you know why? Because it makes an ass out of u and me.

After the game we went to "Old Town" for German food. Man it was good. I maintain that their verenica are the best around.

We went to watch Honk, on very full stomachs. Stomachs that were so full they could have been cut open to end world hunger. (Now isn't that appetizing)

The show was wonderful. Elise and Kelli knocked my socks off. The entire cast was incredibly talented and the voices were wonderful. There were also some pretty funny appearances by some underclassmen men.

After the show we went over to some friends house and watched the beginning of Space Balls. I have never seen the movie, and I enjoyed the beginning more than I thought that i would. I don't know about the end, because I fell asleep, as did everyone else in the house. We woke up at 1:00ish and left to go to bed.

That is the end of Saturday. Sunday is too boring to mention so I will skip it when I write my next entry. If I would mention it it would go....

Chris had a headache... I drove home... He slept all day... I slept all night... The End!

No comments: