Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Ultimate Girl's Night

So,
Last night, or afternoon if you will, after school, I met Amy and Elise at David's bridal to look at dresses. Now, you must have some background on the situation.

I have tried my entire life to not plan my wedding. I have friends who had their entire weddings planned by the time that they were 9 years old. The task of not planning became even harder when I started dating someone, and then dated him for two years.

Now I can finally plan! Now I can finally think about it! Now is the only time when I am convinced that I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I WANT!

People ask me: "What are your colors?" "What kind of dress do you like?" "What flowers do you want?" The answer to these questions was, and sort of still is, "I don't know."

Yah, that's right all of you 17 years in advance wedding planners, I have no clue what I want, and I am beginning to think that I should have planned more as a child. Here is the deal... All of this time I thought that Christopher would want to have a key role in planning our wedding.

BA HA ha ha ha!!!

Ahem...
I was wrong. Really wrong............So wrong.

So now I have been on the hunt going on three weeks now. I have made some definite progress on the dress front. There is a problem with the progress. It leads me to two wonderful options on two amazingly different styles. I can't show you the Wedding dress because... DUH! it is a surprise, but the bridesmaids dresses look like

This:



And This:



Or like This:




How freakishly different could those two dresses be? The other problem is that the wedding dresses are completely as different as the bridesmaids dresses. What a dilemma.

Well,
Enough with the whining! Would I like some cheese with that wine? No I do not want cheese, and I do not like wine. (A fact that the fiance would love to change... but I don't think it is going to work out for him)

Wow, I completely forgot that this post is called "THE ULTIMATE GIRLS NIGHT" Now say that in the car dealer's voice that you always hear go, "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!"

Anyway. We had a lovely time trying on dresses. My favorite was the third dress that I tried on, and that was it. I didn't need to put any more on. I knew that this dress was going to give me fits to make my decision, and the fact that the bridesmaid's dress looked like splendid goodness on my beautiful Amy did me little good as well.

After 2 and a half girlie filled hours of dresses, strapless bras, veils, and petty coats we moved on to a girl's next best friend. ITALIAN FOOD (pronounced i - little i sound - talian, not I - long I sound - talian. People do not live in EYE-tally) We fed our hungry bellies and talked of younger days, yester years, young children, younger men, older men, our men, the tendencies of man, man's relationship with God, the difficulty of speaking of spiritual issues with the one's closest to us, and we topped it all off with talk of birth control and urostat, and then I drank a plate of aged vinegar and olive oil.

(Hey, I got five bucks for doing it, Don't judge!)

Women are weird,
deep but weird,
inexplicable, deep, and weird.
Poor men.

1 comment:

none said...

you live such an exciting life.

my life is not exciting in any way.

i offered someone $20 to eat a used herbal teabag and they wouldn't do it. wuss.