Monday, December 17, 2007

Four days off

Last Monday my little town encountered a disastrous ice storm. It rained and rained, then it iced and iced, then it froze and froze. All in all, it was quite the storm.

The next day I had off because of the dangerous conditions of the roads. There were limbs down everywhere. The tree at my parents house is broken beyond help, and they are considering taking it down. The tree outside my apartment was nearly bent in half. The branches were touching the ground, and down the block there was another tree that had fallen on a car.

Well... we had Tuesday off, and then came the call that Wednesday would be a snow day as well. On Tuesday I wrapped gifts and got ready for Christmas, and on Wednesday I went to school and got some things done, and then I lazed around for the rest of the day.

When I got the call on Wednesday that school was canceled for Thursday, I made up my mind to be productive and get a bunch done on the wedding. On Thursday I went to McPherson and looked at dresses with my mom, met with a florist, and did other planning. While I was trying on a dress, the power went out. I had to walk to the front of the store and they had to bring out a mirror for me to look in, because the only windows in the store are at the front. It was a fun experience and I saw some beautiful dresses.

While I was trying on dresses, I got the call that indeed Friday would be off as well. I came back from dress shopping, and convinced my sister to spend Friday with me for wedding reasons. We went out Thursday night to pick up some food from my friendly neighborhood bar and grill. (The B's) We waited at the pick up stall for 30 minutes. They got the order wrong, and we waited for another 10 minutes for them to get it right. Good thing the food was good. To bad I still had to pay.

Friday was lovely. My sister let me boss her around all day. Chris crashed our dress party at a bridal store, good thing I had my street clothes on and not a gown. He is not much for thinking about these bad luck things, but I like to be a little suspicious, or at least keep the dress as a surprise.

Kati tried on One dress... She was not a fan. I wasn't either. Oh the madness of a continuous line of hideous brides maids dresses. The possibilities of ugly are endless. It seemed that things were looking up in the early 2000's. Bride's Maid's dresses seemed to be borderline attractive, but sadness, it must not be so, because I have yet to find one that is reasonably priced that is not,

"U-G-L-Y it don't got no alibi, it ugly, yah, yah, it ugly!"

Don't you love teen aged sayings from the 1990's.

Anyway... The rest of the weekend went off without a hitch, which is amazing considering the roads were terribly bad, and Chris and I drove on them almost continuously from the snowstorm on Friday night on till the slush of Sunday. All in all the weather man and I are not friendly driving companions.

Well,
I am going to call it a day, or at least an afternoon. Amy and Elise are coming up tonight to look at more dresses.

And the quest for the bride's maid's dress continues!

No comments: