Thursday, January 24, 2008

He's opening a club

I just had a kindergartner leave my room and in passing say, "Is He invited? Oh, that's what I thought. He's opening a club and him and him and me are invited, but he's not."

I wanted to say, "Well, I am opening a club and he's invited to my club, but not you and him and him." but I didn't.

Why didn't I?

When I was in third grade, I was in a club. It consisted of me, Sabra, Emily, josh, Jake, and Jana. We were the "God's creations club." It was right around the time when Captain planet was the coolest of cool in the newest of new ways. We were all different parts of God's creation. Jake was the plants, Josh was the land animals, Sabrah was the birds, I was the water, Jana was the fish, and I think that Emily might have been the sun but I am not quite sure. I remember we had some sort of salute that was captain planet-esque where we all put our hands together, shouted something, and went to our respective spots on the playground. It was the best of the best, and the rest was the rest.

Maybe that's why I didn't open my own club today. I have already been one of the "In Crowd" and although it was awesome while it lasted, the next time you see someone who is in a different "in crowd" it is hard to swallow.

Some would argue that I have been in the "in crowd" during more days than just third grade at church. Who knows... maybe it was true, but if I was in... I didn't realize it. I was just a goof being myself, and someone brought me along.

So, Here's to the in's and out's of life. May they teach us to stand strong when we are alone and rely on the reliable when we are not.

No comments: