Thursday, January 17, 2008

I recant

I recant any cursing about recorders!

First, I just had a great class with recorders.

Secondly, all of my kids get to use their own recorder. I assign them and once we are done using them, they turn them in and I boil them and clean them and scrub them because I am kind of a germiphobe.

Anyway, one of the teachers just told me: "You have enough recorders that all of the kids get their own? Wow, when I was in school we had to dip them in scope between people and share them."

OH MY GOSH!!! IS THAT EVEN LEGAL!!!???!!! THAT IS... OH WOW!!!.... AAARRRRGGGGHHHH.
ICK! EEEEWWWW!!!!! (vomit into my mouth just a little)

Oh wow, I could not do that to a kid. No matter how much I don't like them, I just couldn't do it to a kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure I just laughed out loud while reading your story and once again, those in coworkers in my obnoxiously quiet work area think I've lost my mind! Your germiphobe recorder story reminds me of the kid in my 3rd grade class who sneezed into his recorder while playing it....I pretty sure that explains the out break of the cold season in '93 AND why I have little hearing left in my left ear! haha!