Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shhhhh No TALKING!

Yesterday I had First and Second Grade programs. I was super impressed with my second grader's behavior for both the performance and the dress rehearsal in front of the school.

I was less than impressed with my first grades' behavior for the dress rehearsal. They talked in between songs, and they talked during songs. So after the dress rehearsal I went back to their classrooms and explained to them how important it is to not talk during programs. I finished the speech by having them put their right hands in the air and their left hands on their nose.

"Repeat after me" I said.

"I Promise" - "I Promise"
"That I" - "That I"
"Will not" - "Will not"
"Talk in between songs" - "Talk in between songs"
"and if I do" - "and if I do"
"I will let" - "I will let"
"Miss Music" - "Miss Music"
"Cut my nose off" - "Cut....WHAT!?!?!?!"
That was met by a chorus of "Miss Music are you really going to cut our noses off?"
"Yes." I answered
"Really?" They questioned
"No" I said
"Really?"
"No I am not kidding." I stated
"YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO CUT MY NOSE OFF!?!?!" They exclaimed
"Yes." I said.
"Miss Music, if you cut my nose off will I die?" they wondered.
"No." I stated.

Then I left the room.

Always keep them guessing.... And Lie. It keeps them interested.

No comments: