Monday, March 31, 2008

Vision

I had an interesting weekend. If you have been reading or have any touch with my life, you will know that last year I moved to a new place to start a new job. I have a new room mate and at Christmas a new Fiance. All of these new things had changed my way of thinking without me knowing it.

I have always been a person with a large imagination and a will to make those things which I imagine come into being. This past year I have lost my imagination and without knowing it I have also lost my vision. This weekend I got some of that back. Christopher and I had an interesting night on Saturday, and we broke through a large communication wall. He helped me see some things that I had been too distracted to see. In being distracted, I had lost the ability to look ahead to the future and see the possibilities there. I was just seeing bleak options and failure in our current location.

Then on Sunday the pastor talked about how Vision is just hope with a Blue Plan. How true that is. I can hope for things, and with a Blue Plan I can make those things happen. With a vision I don't have to get stuck looking at the ground where I am standing. I can look from this place to a place I want to be. That is a wonderful thing.

I Pray,

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

1 comment:

none said...

it's always good to hear about the encouragements others experience, so props for posting.

also, i cannot cook with out F. sad, but true.

but i can't cook with F, either, so it's not a huge loss.