Tuesday, July 15, 2008

first post of firsts

This is my first post on my new school laptop. It is a wonderful thing to graduate from a PC from the early 2000's to a lap top that I can take with me where ever I wish it to go. I went to pick it up this morning, and I had to go through this excellent training.

It began with : How to dock a lap top at a docking station.

NO do not open the lap top. The monitor now works as your computer monitor just like normal.
A monitor is the screen thingy in front of you.

Now turn on the lap top. Ahem... This is the power button. No not that power button, the one on the docking station. Yes there is a power button on the actual lap top, but for the purposes of today we will not be using it. YES you can use the other power button at home.

This is the new Improved (gay) version of microsoft office. Have fun finding spell check. Then after a week of practicing finding spell check you can begin the terrible journey of finding PRINT!!!

Anyway... It was kind of like the blind leading the blinder and some sighted persons like myself through the valley of the shadow of death.

I will admitt that when I tried to open the package that had my power chord in it, I launched the chord across the room with the force of Dwight's potatoe gun. I didn't feel quite so bad though because the woman who was leading the training launched the laptop, that she was carying around the room as a visual aid, onto the floor with a terrible crash.

You didn't see that, She said.

Oh yes... We did Miss curriculum tech from so and so elementary.

I just felt bad for the guy next to me who was a computer programing teacher. I can imagine that he felt that the introduction to the start menue was quite benieth him.

Although the "do not undock your lap top untill the light turns green" statement probably became his sustinance for life in that dry and barren technical desert.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Gotta love trainings like that. :)

Did you know that the sonar under the boat is directed directly under the boat?

That's what your post made me think of.

Love you!

none said...

ahahahaha, that sounds horrible. like truly, completely awful.

none said...

also, i think it's probably ok for women to like richard gere. he was once upon a time sexier than george clooney....until everyone found out his middle name...then it was just weird for everyone.

but kate is fantastic as a guy. mindblowingly so, to the point that it's kind of awkward to remember that she's a she while you're watching.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you will get the hang of office 07. According to my sources (all the techy conferences I get to go to) it is easier to useonce you get to know it than 2003. Have a good day mrs chlumsky
NH