Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I don wanna work

I passed Mrs P. in the hallway today. She was saying...to her class...

"I am choosing to ignore your behavior in the hallway so that when we get back to the classroom I will be happy to see you."

Sometimes you just have to tell it to them straight.

I chewed out a fifth grade class this morning. It took all of the acting that I had in me. I wasn't mad, but I needed them to think I was. I just don't want to loose control like I did last year. I figure I had better scare them every once in a while just to be safe. They were angelic for the rest of class.

It takes a lot of practice but being a mean school marm can be beneficial.

It is too close to Christmas... Too close to the end of the year... Too close to the end of the beginning to work.

At the beginning of the end I will feel more like working, but for now I solder on brow furrowed shoulders set.

No comments: