Monday, December 08, 2008

O Thou That Tellest

Yesterday I sang the Messiah for the 7th time in my life. It was awesome. I was grateful to take one of the solos that I used to sing in college, and it felt so good to get to do it again.

I love singing that song. It is so fun to greet it like a friend I haven't seen in a while. As much as I like singing by myself, I love singing with a group of people so talented that they know how to make vowels all by themselves with no conductor telling them what to say every other word.

The best note in the entire Messiah is the soprano high A at the end of the Amens in Worthy is the Lamb. Once I sing that note, I know that Christmas time is here. It only lasts for one quarter note, but singing the entire thing is worth it for that one entrance!

I am getting all excited just thinking about it.

I also got to wear something that wasn't the choir black that I normally have to wear. Not that the choir dress is bad looking, but the individuality was nice. My skirt was black, my top was gold, and my jacket was black velvet. My hair was hot! I did it myself, and I can say... It was hot.

Here's me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were wonderful, my dear! -Lisa

Anonymous said...

The hair wasn't the only thing that looked good... -husband

Mrs. Buller said...

aww, now i'm even more sad i missed it! you look amazing! no one told me you ended up singing!! sigh. oh well, there's always next year...

Becky said...

i'm also sad to have missed it! man, i need choir email updates or something. i guess that's what i get for not checking the tabor website. oh well.

i'm glad you had fun! maybe i can sing with you next year (pending upon if i figure out when the concert is in advance!). :)