Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Posting for the sake of posting

I hate to post for the sake of posting, and I didn't post at all over the holidays. I fully intended to post over the holidays, but instead I took the time to do the hobbies that I like to do that take a little extra time like, Crochet, Jewelery making, and Wrapping many gifts. I do have some stellar earrings and necklace on right now as proof of my vacation achievements.

My computer's connection is being wonky, so I won't write much... but I did do something cool on Sunday.

Husband and I went to W to a starving artist art show. It was an artist guild that was having a huge get rid of all of our practice paintings and the such sale. We needed art for our apartment and for Husband's new office so we bought art like God intended. (in bulk)

We got four paintings. Three for home and one for work. I like them a lot. I almost got taken out by a women with fake blond hair and a short temper when I looked at the painting that she had just set down. I thought... she set it down... she must not want it. Oh contrare mon frair (or however you spell that). She wanted her painting and she was willing to glare daggers at me to get it back.

I oopsed and then politely bowed out. I wanted to tell her to back off and go back to Kindergarten where kids learn that it's not ok to be rude.

All of the other people were pretty nice. I even saw a news paper man interviewing an eight year old boy about his art interests. He was super cute while talking about the perspective in paintings and his love for impressionists. (in not so many words)

All in all it was a successful venture into the world of art.

No comments: