Friday, January 09, 2009

Crookshanks

So...
This happened to me a long time ago, but I just remembered it so I thought I would tell the story.

The night of the 22nd of December I was in W. to see friends. We ate a lovely pre-Christmas dinner of Cornish Hens, which I helped skin and get ready to cook. It was quite the job, but it was fun. Anyway... I stayed in W till late and then drove back to my home town to sleep for an hour before driving back half way to W to get my Grandparents from the train.

Dad and I set down for a short winter's nap before we left... during which I kept listening to him stop breathing while sleeping. He needs to get that checked. Anyway... then we woke up and set off for the train station. We got there early and got doughnuts and tried to play the spoons game that LT taught me in college. Sadly enough the doughnut shop changed their caliber of spoon, so it did not work.

We got to the train station at about 3:00 AM. (yes, am) and waited. There was a great assortment of people waiting for the west bound train. One person in particular intrigued me. He was tall with a big build. He wore business clothes that looked some what old fashioned and a cap like Professor Doug and all old man golfers wear.

The train pulled in to load and the private cars boarded first. "Crookshanks... Mr. Crookshanks" the train man called out. And forward stepped the gentleman I had been observing. He silently smiled at the man who took his one bag and boarded the train.

If Hermione's cat came to life I wouldn't have expected him to look like this guy. But now, every time I hear or read about Crookshanks the cat, I will remember that man who got on the train station the night we picked up my grand parents.

BONUS!!! Holy this is funny... Just You Tube anything on Hermoine and you get all of these little teen made videos about her being in love with the actor who plays Harry Potter... SO FUNNY!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Buller said...

Wow. i'm so glad you shared! hooray for random observations while out adventuring! it gives me ideas for new pseudonyms when we order stuff...

sadness about the spoons. i really want a donut now though. and a table full of people playing the cup game.