Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh the storm before the calm

Wow,
I really am feeling the need to post right now. So I will even though I have a ton of other stuff to do.

First of all... updates on the week. Last night I had a meeting at church. These meetings are only supposed to last 2 hours, but we are lucky if we get by with 3. Last night was no exception. Husband started texting me at 8:30 and continued to demand that I come home till I walked in the door at 9:30. I ate and went to bed. Not so much an exciting evening.

Tonight are my first and second grade programs. As usual the children are pulling out all of the stops at the last moment. I really hope that I didn't overshoot the peak of their performance by one practice. That would be a REAL SHAME since this is kind of like my state assessment.

Speaking of state assessments... we started them today. The quiet signs will be up in the hall ways for the next month or so. My schedule will be overturned. The children will be rambunctious. Time for all of the movement lessons I can come up with.

So tonight is full. Tomorrow I have Choir which should go alright....

(time laps of two days)

So... I don't normally start posts and finish them two days later, but today I did... or rather two days I did. Anyway...

Choir did not go as alright as I had hoped. Some of the songs are just about ready, and some are, well, in need of some shock therapy. I need to say some shocking things to get these people moving. There was something else that happened after Choir that dampened my spirits. Just some "advice" about choosing music that I don't really know how to take. It seems that the music that I have been choosing is too difficult and artful. It makes them sound "classical."

Well, excuse me for raising the bar on musicianship.

Ahem... That's all.

Today is my first night off from everything. I think I am going to try to get my hair did. It is in need of a trim and some root attention.

Two more days and then we fly. The calm can finally come. This week is almost through. WAHOO!

No comments: