Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A random rescue of vegetation

Tonight I saved a plant. It was struggling for life in a cruel, harsh environment. Yes, it is true the care giver of my new plant was a mad scientist. He was bent on leaving the plant “to the wolfs” and letting nature take its course. Little does he know what love and care can do for a plant such as this. My plant now sits happily near my window. It will live a long and happy life free from its former oppressor.
I also bought a book from the library for $0.50. The Women’s Guide to Houseplants. I am beginning to fear that my new infatuation with plants is becoming an unhealthy obsession. I never guessed that I would resort to pilfering…ur…um…rescuing small seemingly insignificant foliage. I am beginning to think that my super hero villain alter ego is Poison Ivy. At least I haven’t placed my love for house plants above my love for the human race. As cool as plants are, people with personality win out every time. Now, people without personality…..
P.S. Jesus is the love of my life, even above people, puppies, and plants.

Song: Paper Flowers

No comments: