Monday, March 19, 2007

Garage Sale

So, For about 3 years, my sister has been bugging me to have a garage sale with her. The problem is that we always think of it way into garage sale season, and therefore are never ready in time. Well this spring all that is changing. I am biting the bullet and cleaning my room out. My room at home was never the same after high school graduation. It became full of beautiful things that I had received as gifts, I never got rid of my old stuff, because it fit fine when I took college things to college, and left home stuff at home. Over the years things accumulated as things do. I have already gathered 5 boxes of things to sell. I have spent the last couple of days going through, not even half of my room. GRRRRRR....I need a new system. It is good to purge. I am finding things that I had lost and was actually glad to find such as:

1 Khaki skirt purchased at the GAP and worn 1 time.
2 Pink Koosh ball from 1989 lost somewhere in the late 90's
3 Hoop earrings purchased to match a shirt that I frequently wear Lost sometime in 2005
4 Two amazing headbands which have recently come back into style Purchased in the early 80's and lost in the mid 90's

So you can see that the spree has been beneficial for me already. Who knows what is yet to unsurfaced itself.

P.S. Becky, If you read this I found some stuff for your science classroom. (1 Turtle habitat, 1 Can of turtle food, 1 outdoor light simulating light bulb, 1 Bottle water de-chlorinator)

No comments: