Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Liiii iiii iiii iiiiK My Biiii iiii iiii iiiiK

So,
I recently went on a long bike ride with a few friends round this little town I affectionately call "the burro." It was a great time! We kept reminding ourselves of the Butter Cream gang. Elise and I tried quoting the movie. (It didn't work too well since I haven't seen it in about four years.) The only line that I can remember is
"Is that a threat?"
"No that's a promise"

Anyway.... I realized how much I miss riding. I will need to find a safe place to ride once I move. After using my trusty cycle for about 12 years I am considering getting a new bike. There are some sweet Schwinns out there that are calling my name.

I have only owned Schwinn. My first adult bike was an old Schwinn. It was banana yellow, had three gears, and hand breaks. I hate to say that I was ashamed of it when I first got it, because it wasn't a cool new mountain bike like all of the rest of my friends had. Now looking back, it was a pretty sweet action bike.

I got my current bike right before my 12th birthday. We drove to W to the Schwinn shop, and I purchased half of a beautiful brand new Lipstick Red Schwinn Mountain Bike. I remember loving the fact that it was about 20 pounds lighter than my last bike. I picked it up and carried it around the store. I still remember debating between that color and a hunter green color. I also remember what the shop smelled like and what the floor was like. It was black and had little raised circular grips on it. It is interesting how much of the encounter I remember. I believe it is because of the significance of my first encounter with this particular bike. I was a proud owner.

The first time I wrecked that bike I cried, not because I cut up my legs (I still have scars), but because I scratched the amazing paint job on that fabulous bike.

Even if I do get a new bike I will still ride my old ones. Ahhh the memories...

(Wavy fade to me as a child with each of my Schwinns.)

No comments: