Thursday, August 30, 2007

My school days roll with the weather, My Rollerblades don't roll at all

This morning I had someone ask me how my days went. I started to think about it, and my school days literally roll with the weather.

If you have ever been in the kid business, you will know that Kids are like little barometers - their moods change with the shape of the atmosphere. If a front rolls through, and doesn't matter what kind of front, the kids change their behavior in a somewhat Jekyll and Hyde way. For example yesterday was a cloudy and stormy Wednesday. The children who I teach on this morning of the week have a pretty good track record, and the students who I teach in the afternoon are known for giving me small ulcers. Well yesterday, I hung up my hat after my morning classes went poorly. (Ha, who am I kidding, they were full of threats of no behavior note, and missed recess time.) Yet, the afternoon classes all got their behavior notes. (A reward that the students get for good behavior and class participation.)

Today the weather is nice and bright. After I post I am going to check up on the front forecast to see if I will have to plan any back up lessons.

NEXT STORY

A couple of nights ago, Chris and I got inspired to go rollerblading. Both of us had loved it in our youth. Chris even used to go to a park in W and Rollerblade a lot. Well, we both got our skates and headed for the park. After we parked the car and pulled on our stellar (child of the 90's) skates, we set off. I will admit that I was a little perturbed that Chris was better than me, and seemingly more in shape. If you don't know, I have been exercising more than I ever have in my entire life as of late. I have been running, jogging, elliptical, biking, and walking a lot. I didn't get why I was the one breathing hard and trying to keep up.

I deduced, My Skates Don't Work!

I complained to Christopher...

"These skates don't work! They Stink! This is hard! SLOW DOWN! No, I do not know how to put all of my weight on one blade and push off with the other one! SHUT UP!!!"

I was not kind... I was um... a brat.

So Finally, after pushing me for a while, Chris conceded that the barrings in my wheels were shot. I finally agreed with him on something.

I decided to persevere for just a little while longer, when I looked down and saw that the front wheel on my right skate had CRACKED DOWN THE CENTER AND WAS FALLING AWAY IN CHUNKS!!!

To end a long and painful story, I ran while he bladed. Then I huffed back to his apartment where we both drank a gallon of water, and then I went home to bed.

Like I said, My school days roll with the weather, My Rollerblades will NEVER ROLL AGAIN!

No comments: