Friday, August 24, 2007

Why can't I sew a circle to a square and have it come out right?

Last night I was AGAIN stuffing and sewing pillows for Christopher's new place. This wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had the brilliant idea of making cylindrical pillows for the chairs. "Come on," I said, "They will look so cool!"

Well, they didn't start off bad. One seam and I had a cylinder. Next I took a circle. I pinned, I sewed, I ripped, I pinned, I sewed, I ripped. I pinned, I substitute cursed*, I ripped. Finally I came up with a plan. "sew the dumb thing on and fix it once it is connected." This was not the best idea in the world, but in the end it turned out OK.

The point being, If you are ever in the vicinity of Chris' living room and happen to see a couple of lumpy dumpy cylendars... do not complain to me... I fought the cloth and the cloth won.


*A substitute curse is a word that makes no sense. I throw this word into my vocabulary instead of a real curse word. Most of these words sound like the German word for Eating House. (don't ask why)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, that's funny . . . and exactly the process I would have gone through hopefully using the substitute cuss words.