Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Flounder is not just a fish in the ocean

You know the saying, "D Nile is not just a river in Egypt." well, "Flounder is not just a fish in D ocean."

I feel like floundering is a common theme for me this year. At least I learn from my mistakes. For Instance:

My first class today was a mistake, the entire thing, completely.
I fixed the second class.

My third class was fine.
My fourth class was a technical error. The kids couldn't handle technical so they created errors.

My fifth class did an exceptional job. They were GREAT!
My sixth class was an interrupted mess. In the middle of class, we got an all call to go out to the playground and make a giant paw print and then take a picture. My class was one of the last to go, but we had to hear the all call for ALL of the other classes to be dismissed. Every time the voice came over the all call I prayed, "Dear Lord, Please Oh Please deliver me from these third graders and let me take them out to the paw print on the lawn." Now I am just praying, "Lord I will rejoice in suffering, but I rejoice better in ease..."

Not that school is all bad, but seriously, I have a feeling that this afternoon is not going to be the cakiest of walks.

who knows...maybe I will be wrong... but there are five xylophones sitting at the front of my classroom that say I am right.

No comments: