Friday, November 16, 2007

don't much like it

I like teaching. I love celebration days.

Today was supposed to be a third grade celebration day. It did not work. It was frustrating. I had three games planned, and because of behavior. I got through half of one. Their teacher is a lovely woman who is a good teacher. I just had so many problems with behavior with about five boys. I am not saying that I would, but now I know why kids used to get spanked in school.

Sometimes there seems like their is no other alternative. I can sit them out, Sit them down, Send them to the principal, Take away rewards, Give them stern speeches, and I get few results. It is better than it was at the beginning of the year, but I need more from these kids. It makes me wonder what they get at home. I know that home life of some of these kids is hard, but I also know that others, who have good home lives, are behaving badly as well.

I Vow, that if I ever have children, that I will try my hardest to provide the loving structure that children need to succeed in school and eventually in the rest of their lives.

Because frankly, if my kids give their teachers as much crud as these kids give me...

'Nough said

No comments: