Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sweet Success

My first program was a success. Yes, there were little mess ups here and there, but honestly I was working with 65 kids at a time, or course there are going to be little flubs.

I had them watch their program and evaluate their work today. Here are some of their evaluations

Things We did well:
Sing
All that I can be (song)
Sang clearly
Stayed together
I was good at Gratitude Attitude
Dancing
Mya and Halie's part
Solos

Things that We could improve
Getting to know the words better
Late entrances
Talking loud ("Talking Lawd")
"Most of the people in the class are wiggling"
Not to point out mistakes (A girl actually pointed at another boy when he was early with his line, causing the program to come to an abrupt halt, and the boy to say, "WHAT!?")
Stop waving around

Things that we could more of, or things that we didn't think of:
MORE ACTIONS
Dancing
Coming in row by row on the songs.

The kids are pretty good evaluators. I corrected the spelling on the answers. I had to leave the "Lawd" because it makes me think of a large woman in a Gospel church crying out for the "LAWD."

Or it could have referred to me crying out for the "Lawd" before the program started because I was SO NERVOUS!

No comments: