Friday, October 17, 2008

From weekend to weekend

This week was bazaar. On Monday and Tuesday I had in-service. We learned more about Ruby Payne and her theories on Poverty. It is helpful information, but after a while it seems to repeat itself.

On Wednesday, I stayed home from work with aches and serious congestion. I felt like some one was pounding on my nasal passages with a large bass drum mallet. (the fuzzy kind that is hard as a rock inside)

Then I was back to work yesterday and had a pretty good day. For the most part the children were well behaved and enthusiastic. I still have some students who come to class testing me. One month I need to completely not allow anything at all to happen. After their warning I just need to clamp down and make them miserable for the rest of music. I think that is the only way to get through to a couple of these kids. They must have no structure at home. Either that or they are just that ornery.

I am looking into Friday thinking... I just want to pass out and not get back up. That is not a practical option because when I do that on the weekends I wind up board and grumpy. So... we may go to the rival high school game tonight. That's what happens when you live in a town with two high schools. They become serious rivals. Our school is dressed out for south spirit because someday our kids will feed into the southern most high school here. We are having the cheerleaders come for a pep assembly and everything. SUCH an exciting day. And I get to skip out on my Crazy last class of the day. (first graders at the end of the day... not my idea)

Well, the bell has called me into action. Off I go to conquer the world. Or at least the morning...

1 comment:

none said...

bass drum mallets look to me like q-tips on steroids.